Thursday, April 20, 2006, 4/20/2006 07:43:00 AM

Phony Surveys -- Courts Beat the Media Everytime

It's not about trade secrets, but attached is an article I wrote from today's Raleigh News and Observer about the contrasting treatment of public opinion surveys in courts and the media. Courts, generally, put surveys through rigorous hurdles before admitting them into evidence. Most media, on the other hand, publish the results of any press release they receive whether the survey is scientific or just spin.

The article describes a particularly egregious survey by the American Medical Association concerning young women and spring break.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! The media is a complete joke as far as I'm concerned. I am dismayed at how many people take what they say as fact. I have never seen the media as biased and purposefully inaccurate as I have seen them recently.

The only thing the media is good for now is learning about new recipes. *twinkle*

OH!! And of course BABY NEWS from "TomKat" "Bradgelina" and some other kooks I can't remember.

4:29 PM, April 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top